Technological advancements of mobile and cellular phones are increasing to such levels that they are effectively replacing desktops and laptops. With the constant launching of new and updated cellular technology, the development of applications and websites that can be used or visited are also pouring out into the market. Successful development and promotion of mobile apps have been largely due to various forms of crowdosurcing, including consultation and most importantly, testing.
Mob4Hire remains one the worldâ€™s largest mobile research and testing companies with a community of 53,470 (mobsters) using 31,522 different mobile handsets on 418 carriers in 154 countries. They also reach 3,133 mobile application developers and market research firms from 92 countries. Mob4Hireâ€™s goal is to help developers with their latest app products from the conceptual stage to commercialisation. Mob4Hire believes that tapping the crowd of avid smartphone app users is the ultimate way to generate a successful product.
Users need to be a part of every step along the way.
Stephen King CEO Mob4Hire
In the successful development of mobile apps, Mob4Hire has listed 10 Steps of the Mobile Development Cycle:
- Identify target users, business models, or the quality brand equity of the website or application.
- The concept must be tested and proven by putting yourself in the usersâ€™ shoes. Would you as a potential customer like this product.
- Incorporate and implement a rating system for the website or application; example, a star rating.
- Identify the target operating systems, versions, browsers, handsets, and network carriers.
- Ensure the product is easy to install.
- It is important to have extensively tested the website or application; consider allowing users a trial period wherein they can submit ideas for the developers to enhance or change their project.
- If developersâ€™ website or application qualifies for Apple, Symbian, Microsoft or AT&T, it then must be trialled for acceptance by the the app store, the world over.
- Plan on how to best to market the app; innovative ways to attract customers or users.
- Aim to get top ratings. It is also important to plan on how to promote the app in light of the negative reviews.
- Be mindful of user feedbacks and consider recommendations for another version so that there will be no room for competitors to step in.